Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kidney Stones & Ladders

Today started with a bang...literally. I heard Steve hit the floor this morning when he tried to get out of bed. He was clutching his back and moaning in agony. He is generally good with pain, so I knew something major was going on. I got Ethan dressed quickly and we ran out the door to the ER. Steve was diagnosed as having kidney stones after having a CT scan. So, our day was pretty hectic. Steve is now pumped full of morphine and is doing much better. He is so sweet when he is doped up and is saying nice things to everybody. It's cute.

That was the kidney stones part of this blog, now on to the ladder. My mom and dad have a nice little play set for the kids at the church to play with. Ethan, of course, benefits from this. There is a ladder and a climbing wall to help kids get up to the slide. We've always just put Ethan up on the platform, assuming he couldn't climb. The other day he just took off and climbed up the ladder. My mom and I still get pretty nervous, but he does really well! Here's a little video of my all-star climber.


1 comment:

Mrs. Timothy W. Pierce Sr. said...

Been There! Not fun! I actually had some fun (NOT!) with kidney stones about two months ago...with just 5 weeks left until my due date! It happened while at my regular prenatal Dr appointment. She wanted to send me by ambulance to the hospital because she thought that I may be in labor. Turns out to be just kidney stones. And the next day I was fine. Four weeks later, our little Treasure arrived. Believe me when I correct men...Labor is much worse than a kidney stone! But the reward is so much greater *smile*

Hope Steve is feeling better
Sally